Are you rocking an Invisalign smile and planning to embark on the exciting journey of pregnancy? Congratulations are in order! However, if you’re wondering whether you can continue your Invisalign treatment during pregnancy, this blog post has got you covered. We’ll explore the ins and outs of Invisalign and pregnancy, answer your burning questions, and ensure you’re well-prepared for this amazing chapter in your life.
Pregnancy is a remarkable time filled with endless joy and unique challenges. Among these challenges, some moms-to-be wonder about their Invisalign treatment and if they can maintain it during pregnancy. Let’s dive into the world of Invisalign and pregnancy to provide you with all the information you need.
Can You Have Invisalign Treatment While Pregnant?
Many expectant mothers have concerns about whether Invisalign aligners are safe for use during pregnancy. The good news is that, in most cases, you can continue your Invisalign treatment while pregnant. Here are some key points to consider:
- Comfort and Morning Sickness: The first trimester is often accompanied by morning sickness. If you experience nausea and vomiting, you might find wearing aligners uncomfortable. In this case, it’s okay to pause your treatment temporarily until you feel better.
- Regular Check-Ups: During your pregnancy, you’ll need to visit your orthodontist for regular check-ups. Keep them informed about your pregnancy, as it can affect your treatment plan.
- Invisalign Scans: If you’re worried about getting an Invisalign scan while pregnant, rest assured that it’s safe. The radiation exposure from an iTero scanner, commonly used for Invisalign scans, is minimal and considered safe during pregnancy.
Is Invisalign Free When Pregnant?
Invisalign is typically not covered by insurance, and the cost is not influenced by your pregnancy status. However, some dental offices might offer financial plans or options to help spread out the cost of your treatment.
First Trimester Considerations
The first trimester can be a bit tricky due to morning sickness and other early pregnancy symptoms. Here are some tips for managing Invisalign during this time:
- Hydration: Stay hydrated to prevent a dry mouth, which can occur when wearing aligners for extended periods.
- Regular Cleaning: Maintain good oral hygiene, as pregnant women are more susceptible to gum problems. Brush, floss, and clean your aligners as usual.
- Pausing Treatment: If morning sickness makes it unbearable to wear your aligners, talk to your orthodontist about temporarily pausing your treatment.
Invisalign and Breastfeeding
The good news is that you can continue your Invisalign treatment while breastfeeding. Invisalign aligners do not pose any risks to your baby during nursing. Just make sure to maintain proper hygiene and cleanliness throughout your treatment.
Invisalign and pregnancy can coexist harmoniously, with a few considerations. It’s crucial to communicate with your orthodontist and keep them informed about your pregnancy. Remember that your comfort and well-being are of utmost importance during this incredible journey.
As you embark on the adventure of pregnancy, your radiant smile can continue to shine, thanks to the flexibility and comfort of Invisalign. Enjoy every moment and capture those memorable smiles!
American Pregnancy Association – Dental Work During Pregnancy
Invisalign – Frequently Asked Questions
Mayo Clinic – Morning Sickness
American Dental Association – Oral Health for Pregnant Women